Monday, June 14, 2010

No more Waiting

Summer is here. 

The sun it shines and the rain it hides as dragonflies clutter your view. Flowers bloom and trees fly high while frogs and crickets sing their tune. Smoke escapes from large black crates; sizzling searing we're smelling hearing. But day escapes and night takes place and the heart it must stay true.

I've been so blessed and watched over the past few years it's incredible. But it's amazing to finally be walking with Jesus again, and this time around I know that he's all I want for the rest of my life... It's pretty exciting knowing that God has the absolute best plans for us... I've been continually challenged day in and day out to give myself up. Everytime I think I have it figured out, or have a grasp on life, I find myself on my own, away from Jesus. This lifelong journey of surrender is the most demanding thing we will ever have required of us. I'm discovering that the extent to which God wants all of is, is more than I've ever understood before.

Ian Green spoke at Adore last night... He is a great man with passion, drive and years of Christ led obedience under his belt. He shared about our calling as people following Jesus. How when we put our 'weight' behind God, he does the same for us. 1 Samuel 2:30 says:  "...the LORD declares: 'Far be it from me, for those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise me shall be lightly esteemed."

This entire idea of putting Christ above everything in my life... Is something I desire.. deeply... But something that demands so much. Even in the following weeks after the retreat I went to at Capernwray, I began to plan. Plans to record a full length album, plans to play shows, plans to possibly go to school for music... all good things, but also all of my own things. It's very easy to convince myself that I can do all of those things and honor Christ in them... but when it comes down to it, God isn't calling me to those things right now.

One of my good friends yesterday came up to me after the service and began sharing that I need to stop worrying and planning about the future, but that as I'm obedient to God in the small daily things, he will always bring the next step about. Wow. Talk about a bulls-eye. This is a scary idea... Not knowing what I'm going to be doing in a year from now, not having that sense of financial security... But at the same time it's really exciting. Today God is calling me to love and encourage and challenge specific people, and to seek him with all of my heart.

In the past, I've been a very all or nothing type of guy. And God's been showing me what a life of balance looks like, and priority. What good is being on stage leading in worship, if I spend the rest of my time playing video games and watching movies... That isn't honoring God at all. I'm called first and foremost to Jesus. To his life. To love and worship and adore him with all of my heart, and in everything that I do. That he would be honored in the things that I say, in my daily tasks, in all my time spent. And secondly to people. To love and serve and encourage and challenge and inspire with the same spirit of life that is inside of me. These two things Christ summed up in Luke 10:25-27

25 And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, "Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?" 26He said to him, "What is written in the Law? How do you read it?" 27And he answered, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself." 28And he said to him, "You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live."

"When we have a sense of calling or destiny, we will make it a priority." - Ian Green
"We are so quick to give God our opinions about his call for us, but so hesitant to allow him to give us his opinion on our own plans." - Ian Green

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment