Saturday, June 26, 2010

passion drives you to fight for what you believe in. Jesus' way is the only way that is right to believe in you can have the passion for everything and anything and fight for it all you want and it may even seem biblical but if it isn't what Jesus wants or has called you to do... your aren't in the will of God. - Logan R

Luke 22:47-54
7While he was still speaking a crowd came up, and the man who was called Judas, one of the Twelve, was leading them. He approached Jesus to kiss him, 48but Jesus asked him, "Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?"
 49When Jesus' followers saw what was going to happen, they said, "Lord, should we strike with our swords?" 50And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.
 51But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.
 52Then Jesus said to the chief priests, the officers of the temple guard, and the elders, who had come for him, "Am I leading a rebellion, that you have come with swords and clubs? 53Every day I was with you in the temple courts, and you did not lay a hand on me. But this is your hour—when darkness reigns."

I began talking to one of my best friends Logan this morning about some ideas/dreams/vision I've been having lately, and he shared this with me. For me it was exactly what I needed to hear. I have a natural tendency to go all or nothing with life. ie: going to the gym 4-5 times a week for a month, then stopping completely. Lately I've been trying to discover more about what it means to live a full but balanced life. I'm so guilty for finding myself 4 days into a week, in way over my head, and feeling pretty drained. The beauty in spending time resting and waiting on Jesus... I don't think I've tapped into this in the slightest yet.

Alongside spiritual rest and refreshment, I've been learning alot about the brain and how diet and lack of exercise effect our mental and emotional state of mind. As I've said before, I've had an unbelievable past year with -massive- lows and more recently quite the opposite. Another good friend Lisa Milner has tons of personal experience with diet and a good understanding of how the food we take in effects our bodies... even our brains. Swelling in our digestive system causes swelling in our brains... I don't know much beyond that, but I've been getting more intentional about eating little to no dairy, minimal to no processed foods/meats especially. I was on anti-depressants for about 10 months that I've recently come off of and am daily taking omega-3's with borage, fish, flaxseed oil, vitamin D, 5 htp, tons of fruit/veggies and doing my best to get into a regular exercise routine. In the beginning of all this, i'm certainly not expecting 7 days a week of 7am starts, but it's the attitude and desire for change that says 'hey I have an hour, maybe i'll go for a run.'

All of these areas are so complex with lifetimes of research and understanding in all of them... but like anything you have to start somewhere. There was a period of 8 months in 2009 where I was drinking waay to much as well... and I think we all know the effect alcohol has on you brain... at least to a degree.

Anyways... this has been a very scattered blog... I think I started writing it like 3hours ago, and everyonce and a while have come back to it to add a bit haha.
This summer strive to a healthy, full, and balanced life. This attitude begins to bring into understanding what it means to set aside your body as a temple for the holy spirit. After all, we only have one life to live, and this lifetime is incredibly short. Do we even have the right to treat our bodies like trash? I don't think so. I think we have a responsibility to do the opposite. This world needs to hear the heart of Jesus, and we each only have so long to do that. For us young ones... if we start good habits now, who knows, we could be adding an extra 5 years to our life from 80-85. Thats alot of extra time! Time to continue bringing hope and love to the city we live in.

Much love,

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment